Review: Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks

By Monday, December 08, 2014 , , ,






I just walk casually at  the make up counters not intend to buy anything and I found a pack of five Maybelline Color Show Lipstick for Rp100,000. The price of one is Rp 30,000. It's a good deal. The pack comes with three different shades: bold, pink and nude. This pack comes with five bolder shades from Color Show line: orange icon, crushed candy, plum-tastic , cheery on top and downtown red.



This my first time trying lipstick from colorshow range. I'm in love with the nail polish and eye liners so I give the lipsticks a try. The first thing I realize is that the lipsticks smell like fruit candy, I honestly can smell it all day because it smells so good. However I'm a little bit disappointed that the lighter color is not very pigmented, but the other side iys good for people who try bolder lipstick color for the first time. The formula is great, moisturising even though the deeper shades, especially the reds are more pigmented than others


The orange shade is not as bright as in the tube and I'm totally  glad it works for me. It's settle but you can build the color and it has a slight pink tint to it. The majority of the shades is pinkish but the crushed candy one is more coral with a hint of cotton candy pink. The plum shade is the one that disappoint me the most, it has a lot of blue tone and pink going on. Which is not very flattering for darker lips like mine. My favourite shade is cherry on top. It's a beautiful red color with a hint of pink that makes it more wearable for everyday look. Downtown red is a blue based red,it's a perfect night out lipstick also good when you make it matte.

 (orange icon, crushed candy, plum-tastic cherry on top & downtown red)




I don't know why it all looks orange in camera, the hand swatch show better color of the lipstick. It depends on your natural lip color, I obliviously have darker lips. I love this lipstick, especially with the price points.The lasting power is really good, around 4 hours. I pick mine from Centro department store but Im not sure where it is available. I check nearest Matahari counter but they don't seem to have the pack.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. stay powernya gak begitu bagus kata gue sih, tapi warnanya bagus2 XD

    follback dong jeng :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di gue lumayan tahan kok, kalo ga buat makan. Okay ;)

    ReplyDelete