WCW: Why Sailor Moon is My Spirit Animal

By Wednesday, December 10, 2014 , , ,


This is a new series I started, WCW stands for Women Crush Wednesday. I will post inspirational women or simply my women crush. For the first post, Sailor Moon/ Usagi Tsukino is my chosen one. I currently re-watch Sailor Moon episodes from the past and recently hooked with Sailor Moon Crystal. I first watched Sailor Moon when I was three years old and right now it feels that this anime have many effect in my adult life. Here's why:

1. Sailor Moon teach me about girl power
 photo moonpowermakeup_zpshgeenn5j.gif

Long before I understand about equality and feminism. When I was a kid , I don't wnat to be a princess I want to be a Sailor Moon .She fight for herself and she rock it. Yes, there's tuxedo mask but in the end Sailor Moon finish the fight by herself. 

2. It's ok to cry and be emotional
 photo giphy_zpsb7z7ixyw.gif
I was a cry baby when I was young, and I grow up become an emotional person. You know what? I accepted it. Even super heroes can show a humanly side right?

3. True love exist 
Some people might disagree why I learn about love from Sailor Moon. But I just love it, despite the destiny that bound Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion, Usagi and Mamoru are regular lovers that have their own ups and downs. The love concept not only about lovers, but also love for the family and friends. 

4. Stick to your true friend
 photo tumblr_ln6b9iDWd41qenagv_zpsssgcvx32.gif


I learn this a hard way. In Sailor Moon, the sailor scouts sticks to each other no matter what happens. Usagi and Rei are like frenemies but they stick to each other.In some battle when the other sailor scouts injured, Usagi keep fighting for them. Usagi always keep her eye on Naru, her bestfriend in school. She protect her no matter what. That's why I really want Naru to be a Sailor Scout.

5. Cats are the Best
I honestly want a cat because of Luna. She's dependable and very cute. The bound between Luna and Usagi is like the bound between me and some of my cats. I just wish that I can talk to Cotton once in a while.

You Might Also Like

0 comments