Beauty Insider: Maybelline, The Begining

By Friday, August 23, 2013 , , , , , ,

Hi!


Today I want to introduce a new series in this blog. I call it Beauty Insider. In this series, I'll post about brand, inspiring people, trend, and beauty news. So, I hope you guys enjoy it.

For the series, I'll talk about Maybelline. Why Maybelline? 
Maybelline is the first make up I own as a grown up teenager. As a kid, I used a palette from a brand named Petite Miss, but it does not count as my make up journey. So, this post is dedicated to the brand that makes me think that make up is an important part of a girl's life. 

My Introduction with Maybelline is from their Fruity Jelly lipgloss, when I was 13 years old. And in high school I bought my first lipstick which is Maybelline moisture extreme lipstick. 
(from google search)

But if you ever wondered I got the grape fruit and raspberry 


Now, lets go back from the very first start. 
Maybelline was created by a new york chemist named T.L Williams in 1915. The name of Maybelline is inspired by his younger sister who liked to apply mixture of Vaseline and coal dust to make her lashes ticker. So, the name of Maybelline is come from two words Maybel and Vaseline. When I write this, I imagine having a conversation with grandma Maybel (how dare , to call her like that) about beauty tricks from the past and talking about beauty with her. Having a grandma like that is gonna be really cool. 

The first product that Maybelline made is a mascara. Don't imagine a normal modern mascara, the package is actually really different from the mascara that you know in real life. After 43 years selling the cake mascara, Maybelline launch the Ultra lash mascara which is the first automatic mascara like we know right now. 

In 1970, Maybelline add face ,lip, and nail product to their line. Continue the sucess of mascara, Maybelline launch Great Lash Mascara in 1971.Maybelline clamied that Great Lash Mascara is the most success mascara in the world. 

(from google search)

In 1991 the slogan "Maybe she's born with it.Maybe it's Maybelline is created. In my opinion this is the most iconic beauty brand slogan. 

Although Maybelline through some Acquisition, the most successful is with L'oreal in 1996. The new partnership allow Maybelline to innovate and creates most innovatives products. 

Do you know that now Maybelline's name is Maybelline New York?
In 2004 The company change its name dedicated to the headquarter in New York. 

Now,as you know Maybelline is a leading beauty company. The products are reachable from almost every part of the world. Maybelline keep up the good work with consistently making a great product. But In my opinion, Maybelline still have their identity as a great mascara maker which is great.They don't forget what they start and still maintain awesome job to give and create great quality yet affordable products for everyone. 

Just write comments, if you want me to write particular things in this series or you want to request other things.

3 things:
  • Need to pack a travel friendly make up bag for a short trip. I'll post about this before I go.
  • Just knew that my 1st Sephora experienced in Sephora Champs-Élysées Paris is the 1st Sephora store world wide. And now is the 2nd largest Sephora store in the world (early this year, Sephora creates their biggest flagship store in China)
  • Trying to reduce my skin products and convert to olive oil (I'll post about this when I notice the result)


You Might Also Like

0 comments