Review: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

By Monday, June 24, 2013 , ,

Hello pretty people!


I recently bought The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer from an online shop. I've been eyeing this product for months. Mary Lou is my first purchase from The Balm.I cannot keep my eyes on other products I've been eyeing lately such as NUDE'tude eye shadow palette, instain blush and Balm Jovi face palette. 

Mary-Lou Manizer claim to be a highlighter,shimmer and eye shadow. So, it's basically and all over shimmer product. 



Marry-Lou is  a champagne colour highlighter, not like Benefit's famous High Beam that has pinkish glow. As a highlighter Mary-Lou is very pigmented. To get natural glow, you should swipe the brush lightly. It only needs very little of the product to get desirable natural glow. I like to use it to highlight my cheeks and brow bone. As an eye shadow, Mary-Lou is perfect for my all over shadow colour. But, to use Mary-Lou as an eye shadow you need more product than to use it as a highlighter. When I use Mary-Lou as an eye shadow I'd like to go for a lazy look and pair it with bright watermelon red lips.

 (Mine is a little bit cracked)



( Left: light swatch, Right: heavy swatch)

As you can see that it is very pigmented. I guess I need a lifetime to used  this up. The retail price of Mary Lou is $24 , I guess it is a good price compare to NARS Albatross ($29) and Benefit High Beam ($26) This is a product that makes me want to add to my daily routine after I use it once. But if I'm not careful when I use this it become overly shimmer. Who want to look like a disco ball? Well, I don't.

 For everyday look, I use it with matte blush or check stain. The powder works really well on my combination skin. The staying power is great in humidity like my country. I love this product and definitely will re-purchase when mine is empty (Like this is going to happen)

3 things:
  • Holiday makes me very lazy (I guess you know where my blog name come from)
  • I'm in love with frozen fruits I made as a substitute for popsicles. Gonna post about this soon.
  • Today I'm having a no make up day. Yes, even without bb cream and lipstick.

You Might Also Like

0 comments